I'm Developing a Vice for Vises and, What is Better Than a Gyro Vise?
I've been looking for a Gyro Vise for more than a year and when Damon posted a 73 1/2 for sale at a very reasonable price, I jumped. He could have gotten much more for it on the notorious auction site. Well, it arrived today about 3:00 pm. I'm well pleased with the purchase. Though many of you might have seen pics when he posted, I'll show them again now.

So, what's better than a Gyro Vise? Well, two Gyro Vises.

About 30 minutes after I sent payment to Damon for the vise above, one of my estate dealers sent out an announcement of an upcoming estate sale. The announcement included pictures and one of the pictures was of a Gyro Vise model 72 1/2. I knew that I would have to arrive early to even have a chance of the vise at the estate sale so I made my plans to do so. I arrived long before noon today when the sale opened, and though I was the last person in the first wave (estate sales here in Columbus are well attended), I was able to snag this little beauty.

Shortly after taking the vise from its mount, the dealer presented me with this booklet since he knows that I'm always on the lookout for good hand saws.

Did I mention that I'm developing a vice for vises? Well, the little guy (a small Prentiss vise) welcomes the newest member to the family.

Richard
O boy don't get me started. I love to find one of those tall jaw ones.
I didn't want to have the vise permanently mounted on one bench, and I wanted something more stable than mounting to plywood clamped to the bench so I made this.

I still want to make a mount for a Pow-R-Arm.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I forgot and you didn't say what you paid but two gyros in a day or two, you suck. It took me years to find mine.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Nice gloat my friend!!!

You scored not one but TWO nice vises.

Now you just need a Wilton Powr-Arm and a bushing to make it into MEGA Vise!

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Clever mounting post for the Gyro.

Richard
Looking good Richard,

You are holding a flush hand in Gyro vises! That little Prentiss is a sweetheart as well.

I have the long lipped version by Will-Burt. It is black which I think I prefer over the red Columbian ones. I found it in an antique shop just down the hill from my Ma's house. It was there with two bases which is handy for a bit of added versatility, but I still lust after Dom's hydraulic PowrArm.

Phil
Phil S. said:

I still lust after Dom's hydraulic PowrArm.

Phil

So do I.

Richard
lilrichard2 said:

[blockquote]Phil S. said:

I still lust after Dom's hydraulic PowrArm.

Phil

So do I.

Richard

[/blockquote]

Just sent you a PM

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Looks like the dreaded "vise bug" has sunk it's teeth into your brain, Richard!!! Now you are afflicted and it will only get worse!!! Just dont let it spead to Wilton Bullets or Starrett vises,, for Pete's sake!!!!! You are DOOMED!!!!!

Just know that you are NOT ALONE!!!!!..We need to start a "vise support group"...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset