My Wife's chest of drawers - finished pics
Wow! Beautiful! To the "purest" I guess the buttons are out of place, to me they add a point of interest. Creative fix BTW.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks for the feedback. The finish looks great - if oil would have looked better I doubt it would have been by much. The question about the buttons on the feet weren't a criticism, just a question. They do look a little out of place, but short of remaking the feet I think you did well. The locks on the lower drawers would bother me a lot more, but I understand if you included them to be faithful to the original.

Thanks - and again, very well done.

John
Very nicely done.
Gorgeous piece. Fantastic execution!! Thanks for sharing, g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice! But, what did your wife say about the finished product?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nice work.

thanks for the progress pics.

Hope you find peace, love and happiness,
bmg
Hofy said:

you know, it's funny...my wife has virtually no response to any gift i give her. She seems downright impartial to stuff like this.
She just replies..."it's nice." but she shows no emotion to stress whether she like it or hates it.

I guess i have spoiled her.

Thanks for all the comments guys,
Wayne
A visual feast! Thanks.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
loosetoe said:

[blockquote]Hofy said:

you know, it's funny...my wife has virtually no response to any gift i give her. She seems downright impartial to stuff like this.
She just replies..."it's nice." but she shows no emotion to stress whether she like it or hates it.

I guess i have spoiled her.

Thanks for all the comments guys,
Wayne

[/blockquote]

Odd, my wife it the same way. Every time I have built something for her or tried to in many cases she has no real reaction either way. Maybe they just see so many pieces of furniture come and go they just become numb to it.