My Wife's chest of drawers - finished pics
I love this piece especially the crotch side panels. If I hadn't chosen Greene and Greene for our bedroom furniture, it would have been this style. Ken
Bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Extremely striking piece, only moved some walnut once, but still have it all, and it WOULD make another trip. Won't be showing this to the wifey our I would have another project!
Dave Diaman said:

Odd, my wife it the same way. Every time I have built something for her or tried to in many cases she has no real reaction either way. Maybe they just see so many pieces of furniture come and go they just become numb to it.

+1
Jim
Wow, that's a beauty.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
You do great work in terms of technical accuracy, but your strength is seeing in the wood what will make the best statement. Once again you have succeeded, those side panels are insane. Awesome piece, however the most important question, is the Bride happy?

Thanks for sharing.

Didn't notice dates, Seems I've already been here. Martin got me again
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

You do great work in terms of technical accuracy, but your strength is seeing in the wood what will make the best statement. Once again you have succeeded, those side panels are insane.

Aw heck, you guys flatter me.

Steve, the best resource i have ever had for grain orientation was James Krenov's books. I forget which one in particular, but in one he shows through drawings the impact of grain orientation. Every woodworker seeking to advance themselves really should read his work. It's as much woodworking philosophy as technical details, but it taught me a lot.

After a year with the piece, my wife still has virtually no opinion. She does however drive me NUTS with it daily. You see she uses the third drawer from the bottom the most. For some reason, she just doesn't close that drawer fully. It doesn't stick. SHe just doesn't close it. So every time i come out of the bathroom i see my dovetails. My OCD kicks in every time and i have to close that drawer. It's hardly worth even discussing, but i figured someone might find it amusing.

-Wayne
Nice. Very nice

sweet looking dresser.

thanks for sharing.

Hope you find peace, love and happiness,
bmg
Beautiful piece.
Nice shop by the way.