New storage cabinet - The Chisel Chest
lilrichard2 said:

[blockquote]Jeremy s said:

Y'all would cringe at how i store my chisels!

Correction: All Y'all would cringe at how i store my chisels!

Reason: Y'all is singular, All Y'all is plural

Richard
Raised in the south
You can take the boy out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the boy.

[/blockquote]

thanks homie!

Very, very nice! When I get around to making mine, it will be in a rolling cabinet. What did you use for slides? Interior compartments?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Bartee said:

Completed a new 7 drawer chest to store my Chisels and all of my marking and small hand tools...

Bartee, this is a terrific outcome! I left a Comment on your great blog!

Bartee said:

...This was the subject of my finishing questions using WaterLox. Lets just say I am investigating new finishing products for my next project. ( General Finishes )...

I am curious what caused you to dislike Waterlox. Especially on cherry, it has produced terrific results for me. And I love that it can be repaired as needed in the future.

Bartee said:

...I really, really like this after using it for about 3 weeks.

NO better testimonial than this one. Thanks for sharing, Bartee!

Al
Blog: Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking

Frank Klausz, to The Schwarz (WIA 2010): "...If YOU guys keep doing what you’re doing, this thing is not gonna die..."
Bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Bartee said:

The OCD is extensive and in many layers.

Because I'm a lot like you my daughter is always calling me OCD and I kept teling her I'm Anal Retentive so she looked it up and sure enough I'm A.R. Be proud of your condition and spread it to others!

I need to do the same thing you did with the drawers. You've inspired me. The only way to do it more Anal is to use that cut out foam stuff to separate each tool.
It's time for the patriots to stand up!
Sigh.

So tired of this.

Seriously.
~Dan.
You might be tired of it, but I didn't see the original thread, so I'm glad it got bumped. This is fortuitously timed because I need to add chisel storage. I keep mine in a rack on a peg board, which is less than ideal and a couple of times I've knocked one out and cringed as I watched it impact the concrete floor. Moving them to a drawer is much better. In my shop cabinets I have single shallow drawers under some of the adjustable shelves, it'll be easy to add a drawer under another shelf.

Thanks for sharing Bartee.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
Nice but I don't know if I could work in such an well organized setting.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
That is nice everything is where it belongs, well organized.
Oooh!!!!
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished