The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
I have a 20hp rpc wired to two, lug only, 3ph panels and to 3ph outlets around the walls. I have 6ga to one of the 3ph panels in the spot for the DC. I also have wire ran to a dozen spots by the 3ph tool areas that will be used for start/stop control stations for the rpc. Very few steps needed to start or kill the rpc. Copied that idea from an owwm youtuber guy.

Walls are slow going but going. My helper had his own work that we have been working on. It will come when it comes. I want it done a certain way and will pay for that in time.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, good move on the big dust collector. I think you would have been really disappointed in the performance of the 5 hp unit. You are covering quite a bit of footage and the 5hp unit would probably have struggled. I have one of new Grizzly cyclones. I have a 3 hp unit but my shop is significantly smaller than yours (only about 1200sf). The separation of the unit is pretty amazing. I have been running mine for about 6 months and still do not have anything in the bag under the filter. I don't have a sander but that is still saying something considering the amount of sawdust I generate. One money saving tip I will offer is to just pick up the cheap HDX drum liners from Home Depot instead of the expensive bags Grizzly sells for the drum. They work great and it will not make you cringe every time you throw one away.
Thank you Dave! What mil thick are the liners. I also bought a bunch for the big 5hp single stage so maybe some of those might work.

The ones I buy are pretty thin but I never have a problem with them tearing. I believe they are 2mil. Uline carries 55 gallon trash bags in a 3 mil and 6 mil that are pretty reasonable too but not as cheap as the HDX bags. The grizzly cyclone uses a vacuum line that pulls the bag to the sides of the drum. The bags seem to handle the weight of 55 gallons of sawdust without a problem so I haven't bothered to get anything thicker. I believe the bags I get measure about 36" wide so if the ones from your other dust collector are close you may very well be able to use those. Those bags are typically nice and thick so it would be nice if they fit. Uline also has some pretty good deals on sweeping compound. I use compound on my floor about once a month to pick up all the fine dust that I can never seem to get sweeping and blowing the shop out. It does a great job and by boys love throwing it all over the shop floor :-)
The ones on the Delta are so thick I reuse them. I think they are 10mil. Prob goes against the .2 micron thought but i just dump it out by the pond and dont have any issues. On my cyclone i never even use bags. I just dump the barrel.

Ill get the dia bag i use.

I throw most of my sawdust in the trash or give it to a friend with a farm. If you can just reuse your bags then the thick ones are the way to go. I will say it is A LOT easer to pull out a bag then it is to dump the drum. I also picked up one of the Dust Sentury's which is a life saver for me. I have my cyclone in a closet so it was a necessity. Building your own is easy enough but I picked it up when they were selling them for $99. I figured at that price it wasn't worth my time to mess with building one.
I don't understand why everyone wants a cyclone in the shop, taking up valuable real estate, then having to dump bags or barrels.
My chips and dust gets blown outside. My collector sits outside........
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I wish I had that option. On top of that my AC can't keep up in the summer if I blow all my cool air outside.
I keep my remote with me. On, get it off asap when your cut/rout/planer is done.
I've never noticed any heat/ac loss in the shop. 3500 sqft
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Happy Fathers Day 2017

[Image: Love%20it_zpssyrf2dln.jpg]