The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Heart 
Now that's the best.....Hope you had a great day !
These two are my best students learning my tech and tools. They set my goals for my shop.

Heard a couple quotes this weekend from a teacher in the Bronx that had an impact on me:
First was, "The outcome is more important than the income." May be my first plasma sign I make. I live that with myself, my kids, and my friends.
Second one was the same teacher referring to his students: "It's my job to love them until they can love themselves."
Man, that guy should be in charge of a lot of things on Earth.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Got some work ahead of me. This will be 12' tall with a 10hp motor on top.

[Image: IMG_20170703_124843_zpsurdrp8yj.jpg]

How are you planning to get a 10hp motor 12' plus up into the sky? Chain hoist? Looks like you have a stand, so this will be a self standing unit?

Id imagine you're tractors reach is about 10'? I've a 4100 and it's around that height. I guess you could build an elevated platform that would make up the extra couple feet.
My Day Job
well, bye.
Getting there.
First was two new 10ga 4 conductor power wires to the motor. First machine that has had that for me. Wired for 220v 3phase.

Next was assemble motor and intake tube and housing together. Lift that in air and drop into the first half of stand and the cyclone body and bolt that up.
Next step is to lift again and install legs. Also it is getting 2200lb rated ea leveling casters at each leg mounted on M19 stems. Those will be here Monday.

I have 15.5 tall 5' scaffolding. At the top is a 2x6 with 1 5/8 10' long unistrut on top of it. Those two are bolted to the scaffolding with ubolts. Then wrapped around that is a 6600lb rated chain with two 2600lb rated chain links with a screw close sleeve bolting chain to itself. Then a 3 ton chain hoist is on that. At the motor and mount in 3 spots is a bolted on other piece of that chain also linked to frame and screw closed.

[Image: IMG_20170708_105436_zpsfqmcwod0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170708_113636_zpsrqdwkwrj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170708_115149_zpsnxhtazq9.jpg]

Don't get too close to the end of the open duct once you turn that thing on! You could lose some kids in that thing if you aren't careful.
Lift #3 today for lower legs.
Leveling casters tomorrow.

[Image: IMG_20170709_163816_zps8kc8vx4y.jpg]

My roll around portable dust collector. 2200lb rated casters. Static load rating for four is 4400lbs so I am good. Legs isolate vibration too plus Dave is sending some isolation pad too.

[Image: IMG_20170710_125431_zpszymb1d3a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170710_120736_zpsqhksb6mc.jpg]

In preparation for the cyclone I decided to rewire up the rotary phase converter with 2ga. I also installed a 24V start control box (stainless box with flip down lid in picture) that has a large contactor in it that is actuated by any one of thee three 24V relays. this will allow me to setupĀ 24V low voltage momentary push buttons throughout the shop to start and stop the RPC. I will also have a wireless remote setup that will work with the RPC.

I love how the RPC uses a potential relay to take the start caps out of the circuit once the idler motor is started. So slick and simple and a cheap way to do that.

I have it setup to start the system with just turning on the breaker just for testing until I can get my start stop switches in place. When I test, I test one feature at a time as I build it so I don't introduce several design errors as I create systems in my head. Also when you use used parts you never fully know the state their in till you prove them yourself. Comes with buying stuff cheap.

Here is a video of the 20hp RPC starting up.

Here are a couple pictures.

[Image: IMG_20170715_194229_zpsvh3dztgb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170715_192722_zpsthvathzk.jpg]

(White wire in 3ph box will be control wire for start/stop controls and the black 6 ga that looks like it loops in the 3ph box is the wire for the new cyclone that will be connected to a breaker after I use the breaker to test the cyclone works first just at the panel.)

Wicked cool setup, Mike.

Really enjoyed the quotes from the teacher, too. Words to live by indeed. I think it's great a man like that is forming young minds.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com