The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
As an alternative, our company is starting to eliminate the metal halide and HPS lighting on our buildings and going with LED lighting. We use 50 watts worth of power and get 250 watts worth of light, plus they last about 35,000 hours. The opinion right now is GREAT! for the warm light color. It looks like it will save us a decent amount of electricity costs over its 10+ year life-span.
I bought 45 MH lights for a bid that was crazy low so right now I am running some to get some light in. My design makes it easy to swap out to another style as funds allow. The U hook is easily pushed and bolted up. Plenty of room for eye hooks. I also like the output of T5HO. I have not had the pleasure of seeing LED output in that size/equiv yet. Guessing very pricey? It is definately on my mind.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

that's a clever idea on the lighting boards. I'm puttering along on my garage, and always interested to see what others are doing.
My Day Job
well, bye.
Few more days and nights and I have 12 more lights hung for 16 total so far - 4 on each circuit. Next up switch and panel wiring for them.

THat's going to be a brilliant workspace. You'll be glad you didn't skimp on the lighting. I'm really enjoying this build, Mike. Keep giving us more pics. Some day in the not too distant future, I'll be doing the same and I'm learning here.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
does anyone else have the urge to hop in their car and go help mike, just to be part of something so awesome?
My Day Job
well, bye.
Can you pick me up on your way over there?
Tonight's progress. Bottom picture shows How I am managing 6 runs of wire across the 40' span about 8' at a time on my 16' scaffolding. Wire coils rest on the smooth part of the 2.5" Kreg screws being careful not to damaging any jacketing. I installed a wireless access point in the center of the building's ceiling too and an ethernet cable to the location and an outlet for it. Also ran the wire that will be used for a 20amp circuit for some center building instant on T5HO lights as well.

Thank you for the comments guys. I am extremely slow and over analyze my ideas so I am probably not much fun to work with lol.

Mike

I think this is a really neat project.

I can not wait to get a building for teaching vets and anyone else who wants to turn or do woodworking and I would like 5000sf to 7200sf. This will ensure lots of room for wheelchairs too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Question/thought:

Will Ur cat 5 cable get interference from electrical? I seem to remember you're supposed to run it separate?
My Day Job
well, bye.