An Interview with Carl Bilderback
Somebody you should know, it's an hour long and you'll see some great tools.

Slav

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2014/09/20/...its-place/
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
Slav, thanks for posting
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thank you Slav!

Like a good book, I just couldn't put it down.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
MarvW said:

Thank you Slav!

Like a good book, I just couldn't put it down.

What Marv said!
Often in Error, Never in Doubt
Mike Jury

Slav,
Thanks for your work on this.

A great tribute to a great man.

I hope he sticks around a while. There are still a few rare tools for him to discover.

The world needs more people like Carl.

Mark Kuzee
Thanks for the kind words. There is some bad news, Carl has cancer and is doing chemo right now so this is a difficult period for him. Hope this cheers him a little. He has helped a lot of people in his life.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
Thank Slav. Much enjoyed.

Skogs
Slav Jelesijevich said:

Carl has cancer and is doing chemo right now so this is a difficult period for him.

Sad news.
A couple of anecdotes about Carl to help you better understand him, in case Christopher's article didn't cover everything.

Carl is one of the foremost experts on W&M panther saws. Up until he got sick, he would perform repairs for free on any Panther saw sent to him by a MWTCA member. He did nice work and helped restore a lot of saws this way.

Cari is a big Atkins collector. I once found a dead-mint Atkins saw with a never before-seen model number- a really weird one. I bought it for a good price, thinking of Carl. He was excited when he heard about it so I offered it to him for what I paid for it. I sent it off and got a check a few days later for the price of the saw plus $100 because "it was worth at least that". Likewise, Carl once bought an ultra-rare Harvey Peace saw on eBay that wasn't described very well. he paid the guy the buy-it-now price plus $100 because the saw was worth it.

He's just a good guy.

Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.