Saw sharpening DVD
From those that have purchased and used handsaw sharpening DVD's. Which one would be the best to buy? And thanks for the information and your time.

Ken
I have "Sharpen Your Handsaws" by Ron Herman and its quite good. There is also a very good video by one of our members here. His name is Andy. If I can find the thread, I'll add it.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I was a little disappointed with the Tom Law video
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!
DaveParkis said:

There is also a very good video by one of our members here. His name is Andy. If I can find the thread, I'll add it.

Allow me... always happy to promote a fellow Brit, especially when the video is as good as this one:
Andy's Saw Sharpening Video
Just check out the Paul Sellers video online. It couldn't be simpler.
How to Sharpen a Woodworking Handsaw with Paul Sellers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5DixEaaUo
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

PeteW said:

[blockquote]DaveParkis said:

There is also a very good video by one of our members here. His name is Andy. If I can find the thread, I'll add it.

Allow me... always happy to promote a fellow Brit, especially when the video is as good as this one:
Andy's Saw Sharpening Video

[/blockquote]

That's the one!! And it is very, very good. Thanks!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
DaveLeard said:

I was a little disappointed with the Tom Law video

Me too! Didn't really get much out of it.
Jim

--Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.
Tom's was the first and it took years until someone else stepped up to the plate! His video was pretty much an overview of different saws and methods, and anyone who knew Tom, as many of us here did, would agree that most of his message was the sharpening a saw is not difficult.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Tony Z said:

Tom's was the first and it took years until someone else stepped up to the plate! His video was pretty much an overview of different saws and methods, and anyone who knew Tom, as many of us here did, would agree that most of his message was the sharpening a saw is not difficult.

Sharpening a rip saw that has decently shaped teeth is not difficult. Rehabbing a saw that needs any significant reshaping of the teeth is not simple. I had to learn by trial and error, even with the Tom Law DVD. Ron Herman's is better. What I'd really like to see is a good video or DVD on how to reshape a saw. Specifically, how to make sure you're applying pressure in such a way as to make sure you end up with consistently shaped teeth.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
+1

Frank S in IA