simple 10-piece star
Variation on a theme. Now the inner intersections are 72° instead of 90° so a little jiggery-pokery with the shooting board and an 18° wedge and it came together nicely.

Pine, so of course I managed to ding an outside intersection a little bit. Sigh. But overall, very happy with the result so I need to prep some contrasting hardwood again.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Mahogany (African?) and quarter sawn sycamore.

Gorgeous, Rob! I must try something like this soon. How thick are the work pieces? I seem to remember about 1/8-inch?

Al
Blog: Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking

Frank Klausz, to The Schwarz (WIA 2010): "...If YOU guys keep doing what you’re doing, this thing is not gonna die..."
I'm finishing out about 1/16". Sawing just a little more than that. Just eyeballing the thickness and using the "finger-gauge" to pencil a guide line onto the stock first.
Neat! They look terrific! I like the wood combo - well done!

Al
Blog: Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking

Frank Klausz, to The Schwarz (WIA 2010): "...If YOU guys keep doing what you’re doing, this thing is not gonna die..."
I like the geometry of the mahogany star a little better, either way it is nice. Did you cut the veneer by hand?
Yep. Finished out around 1/16"
Rob those look fantastic, great job. Thanks for sharing !

Steve
Very cool.
Rob

Those are fantastic. The contrast on the second one is amazing.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.