A Watch Box (finished with pics)
Wow!!!!
Holy smokes! Details, need details on how it was made! Love the details.
TRW said:

Spectacular!

this!

I can only imagine what your humidor looks like. (If you smoke cigars)
You should be Very proud of yourself.

Absolutely stunning. This box ranks right up there towards the top of the very best WWing I've ever seen on this site. Well done.
Amazing work, must be described as art.
Gorgeous! Just totally gorgeous.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very Nice Box, very nice, I like to make boxes myself, but that it just beautiful.

Congratulations.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
You guys are quite flattering.

I will post a few construction pics below to give you a feel for how it is made.

This is how the pierced diamonds are made. A square of holly gets a 1/16" cut in the center. That is filled with ebony. Little pieces are cut off of the ends. The trick is that the end MUST be face grain, not end grain. End grain will muddy with sanding and finish. SO...I used a 16" wide piece of Holly. Yes, you read that right. I cut 2" off of the end and made 8 sticks of this. I have a lot of these for the future.

Corner joints. I used the Lock Miter Master. A WONDERFUL tool.

The BOTTOM of the box

Hope this helps,
Wayne
Wayne, that is spectacular, very nice work.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
loosetoe said:

I will post a few construction pics below to give you a feel for how it is made.

This is how the pierced diamonds are made. A square of holly gets a 1/16" cut in the center. That is filled with ebony. Little pieces are cut off of the ends. The trick is that the end MUST be face grain, not end grain. End grain will muddy with sanding and finish. SO...I used a 16" wide piece of Holly. Yes, you read that right. I cut 2" off of the end and made 8 sticks of this. I have a lot of these for the future.

Wayne, thanks for posting the pics. Do you use a 1/16" router bit for that groove?

Again, amazing work!

Paul