A "new again" Winchester plane
At the request of a fellow Woodnetter, I took on the task to refurbish a Winchester 3004 plane. This little No 3-sized plane came out so well, I thought I'd share it with you.

It was originally made by Sargent for Winchester, with many of the quality features that Sargent used on their VBM line. The sturdy cast iron bed has been flattened and squared on an industrial surface grinder. It was repainted with many coats of ceramic engine paint. The mahogany handles were lightly sanded and refinished with Tru-oil. The metal hardware was derusted and lightly polished. The original iron was sharpened with a 25° primary bevel and 30° micro bevel.

It will soon be headed back to its owner to join its other Winchester stablemates.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Wow! That looks brand new!

Outstanding job Bob!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Great job!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
That looks great! Any pics of what it looked like when you started it?

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
John's Woodshop said:

Any pics of what it looked like when you started it?

It was complete, but a little beat up and grungy.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
That is real nice great work.
Wowser, talk about your before and after shots. How many hour........errrr, years work do you have in that?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I think it is safe to say that one is now better than new
that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
1 Thessalonians 4:11

my blog - thechristiantoolcabinet.wordpress.com
Cool!
I have one Winchester tool, a chisel, and I love it. Neat brand.
Beautiful!!!

...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite