A "new again" Winchester plane
Wow, I like "Patina" on my tools however that is Beauriful, great job. You knocked that one out of the park.

Steve
Window Guy said:

Wow, I like "Patina" on my tools however that is Beauriful, great job. You knocked that one out of the park.

Steve

Really makes me re-think how much I like patina. Wonderful restoration, better than new.

I've got a Sargent 408 VBM which I believe is the same as this Winchester... It's a great plane.
Well, that's as good a restoration as I've ever seen!

If you'd care to share, I'm sure I speak for many when I say you can't give us too much detail on how you went about that one.

Thing o' beauty .
Thanks for the pics. Outstanding Work!!!!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Thanks for sharing your work. We don't see many restoration jobs here, it seems, but this one is about as complete as could reasonably be done. In fact, it can truthfully be said that it "never looked better".

Do you anticipate it being used or will it be more of a display piece?
Wait, I noticed that the screw slots in the knob, the tote and the lever cap are not oriented in the same plane

Just kidding, it is an absolutely beautiful restoration !!!!!
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

WOW is right!!
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Bump for Bob.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Great restoration Bob! Reminds me of seeing the old cars at concours events and how meticulously they were restored. IMO patina sucks.