Just watched the best show.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffUFViNO3WU

Amazing show on PBS. A craftsman's legacy. Probably the most intriguing show I have watched as far as a craftsman type show, since Woodworks.

I always thought John was an intriguing man, but this 30 minutes put it in a new light.

Who knew a little salt on a glueup would stop the creep? Frigging genius.

Really took away a great impression for this series.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Looks like it's on this coming Thursday eve..I'll give it a look..thx.
Kevin
Teasers for other shows in series

Website doesn't say jump about where to watch it though

Googled "PBS a craftsmans legacy" and got

You must be lucky test market ehhh?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
We're probably 2/3 of the way through the series here in SoCal. There are several shows related to woodworking. The Guitar Maker, The Basket Weaver, and The Boat Builder are a few of them. All of them show plenty of hand work. I also enjoyed the one on saddlemaking.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I got a top of the stack hit on the first try with Duck Duck Go.

A Craftsman's Legacy
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

I was taking John's class early last January, when that video was made. At the 0:24 time, I am the guy behind John, wearing the Lee Valley apron. The film crew was there for half of the day and filmed us making our boxes along with John's instructions. Too bad the series is not carried here, but I enjoyed the class and John is a high class guy.
Brian
Shop power by Powermatic, Shopsmith, Delta & Bosch.
packerguy® said:

Who knew a little salt on a glueup would stop the creep? Frigging genius.

Little sand is what I learned, though salt, if it works, would be easier in case of a resaw. Mini Lamello.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
AHill,
What station in SoCal carries the show?
Thanks
Mikey
Bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
The CL is on every Sat around here. It's a good show. I got to see a lot of things that I was wondering how they did some of this stuff before computers and lazers. Good show IMO.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.