Just watched the best show.....
John and his teaching partner Eric Pintar will be coming to the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild to teach two classes in June. One class for making Shaker Boxes, a second for making a shoulder plane (I think that's the one).

If you are interested, scroll down the page to find John's classes : http://kcwoodworkersguild.org/classes/
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Steve,

Thanks for posting this info. I just watched the first episode on my PC. Interesting and engaging.

To all who asked how to find broadcasts, you can watch online. Just follow the link provided by dav above copied here and register. Registration is free and not intrusive.

Doug
I took one of John class’s about a year ago as he lives about 1 ½ hours away from me and he also did a class at our woodworkers gild. He is a great craftsman, really nice guy and a great teacher. He is scheduled to be back at our guild (Midland, Mi.) for a class on making one of his shoulder planes on the 20th of this month. If anyone wants to learn his skills I would recommend one of his classes. He is getting up in age so learn now….

I also saw the boat building show the other day and it was a good show.
Great show!

If you go to the website and create a free LEGACY SOCIETY account (they verify your email) then you can watch all of last season's episodes.

Current season episodes aren't available yet.

web page

Public television in Cleveland carried the first season on their primary broadcast channel so I was able to watch it on DirecTV.

The current (second) season of the show is broadcast in Cleveland on their CREATE channel which is only available over-the-air. I'll have to wait until those episodes become available on their web site.

Mike
The show's been renewed and is in Season 2 now. There were a few other episodes in Season 1 that had woodworking featured. One was a boatbuilder. There was also one on a knife maker that was pretty cool. While not woodworking, the episode on the saddle maker was really instructive. Lots of handwork on those saddles.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thats great news!

Really enjoyed this show as the season rolled out. Really enjoyed the glass one.....I dont know why.....just really cool to see a world that is unknown, from a craftsman viewpoint.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I think they should feature what the host does - custom motorcycles. I have seen all of s-1 and am looking forward to S2.

BTW - Roughcut has started his new season; so has Woodsmith.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I've caught it a few times on the local Create channel. Really like it. I just wish it were on more consistently and that it was an hour long, instead of 30 minutes. Good stuff!
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?