Drill Bits and Morse taper sockets that take the bits
(09-23-2015, 11:42 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Jack

We both know your machine shop at 14 was a stone quarry.  

Arlin

Laugh
Brother to Fred Flintstone?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-26-2018, 03:37 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hope this still helps and good info

Stone Quarry Huh ?????
Rolleyes
Laugh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(03-26-2018, 09:17 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,
Stone Quarry Huh ?????
Rolleyes  
Laugh

OK Dad I am not going to have to go to the wood shed when I get home am I.
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Interesting idea. Can you use a draw bar with those? I find I need a draw bar with my jacobs chuck.
I only have had to use the bar once out of several hundred times.

I have MT2 bits, MT1 bits, and MT3 bits and I have one MT1 sleeve and one MT3 sleeve.  You can get up to MT5 but the bits are upwards of $50 and I can not see paying out that much for wood working.

All the ends have to be MT2 unless you have a Big Oneway and it is already a MT3 so you would need that size sleeve.

I have small MT1 bits starting at .5" and will get some smaller ones in the future since I like how long the bit is and that it sits solid in the sleeves or quill.

For sleeves I have the MT1 and MT3 of which the MT3 bits go up to 1.5" or maybe a little bigger I do not remember.

I also use them as a Jamb chuck on my Weed Pots.  I drill down to within 1.5" of my desired depth and remove the shavings.  When I drill the rest of the way in I turn off the lathe and remove the weed pot from the chuck while the bit is still in it and the tail stock.  I remove the chuck and then knock out the bit from the quill and put it in the headstock and I can finish up the bottom.  Makes a really good jam chuck and keeps it perfectly centered since it was drilled that way and makes it so nice to clean up the bottom.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I forgot to add the MT bits link.  Make sure you click the page numbers to get the size you wish.

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/categor..._params%3D

I also found that his MT2 to MT2 or 2 to 2 MT will really extend the bit to drill up to 12" long

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/categor..._id/14158/

Is there an advantage to use MT bits, as opposed to std. bits in a Chuck?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
A few things to me there is anyway.

One is they are longer and I use them for week pots and starting holes.  They other thing is I know that it is centered when it comes out of the quill of which a Jacobs chucks might be just a little off.  One other thing I can remove and replace them faster and I do not have to look for the key to the Jacobs chuck. 
Also when I do the weed pots I just reverse the bit and put it in the head stock and finish off the bottom.

(05-22-2018, 12:20 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: A few things to me there is anyway.

One is they are longer and I use them for week pots and starting holes.  They other thing is I know that it is centered when it comes out of the quill of which a Jacobs chucks might be just a little off.  One other thing I can remove and replace them faster and I do not have to look for the key to the Jacobs chuck. 
Also when I do the weed pots I just reverse the bit and put it in the head stock and finish off the bottom.
" They other thing is I know that it is centered when it comes out of the quill of which a Jacobs chucks might be just a little off. "

Yes Almost guaranteed...IMO...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset