Headboard Build along
Gotta admire beauty. That's fantastic!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Beautiful work..gorgeous walnut.
Kevin
Amazing work. Absolutely beautiful.
That is a really nice piece, design, workmanship and walnut. Hope you don't mind a couple questions. Is the center piece divider solid or glued up lamination? Also, how did you do the vertical cockbeading ( I guess that's what you call it)? Ken
That right there is beautiful.
Hope you don't mind put I've clipped this. Could need it some day.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks Ken: The center piece is solid and the curve is bandsawed out The beading is new to the design. I used it on another headboard and liked the way it "framed " the panels. The bead is applied after the bed is together and is small enough to make the bend. A small amount of yellow glue and 3/4" pin nails kept them in place. I might try steaming them on a form in the future.
Bill
Herebrooks said:

Thanks Ken: The center piece is solid and the curve is bandsawed out The beading is new to the design. I used it on another headboard and liked the way it "framed " the panels. The bead is applied after the bed is together and is small enough to make the bend. A small amount of yellow glue and 3/4" pin nails kept them in place. I might try steaming them on a form in the future.
Bill

Thanks, Bill. I like that the divider has such interesting grain that goes so well with the figured panels. The beading really adds classy touch. I was wondering if it would be flexible to bend around that curve. Obviously, it was. Ken
The only word I can think of...BEAUTIFUL!
Frank
Talk about knocking one out of the park!!!

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."