Hope chest
A couple close friends asked for a hope chest for their first grand daughter. Tammra chose this one, cherry with bird's eye maple panels...

Thanks for lookin'! Comments and critiques always welcomed!

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Beautiful work. You really showed off the grain in that cherry very well.

What finish did you use?
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Thanks!

I sealed it first with a coat of shellac, and then three coats of Minwax satin wipe-on poly...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Seriously nice. Great proportions, beautiful wood. Looks like you've made a few of these; there is nothing to improve.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Dave,

If you want to show off your projects, you need to find a new venue as a staging area.

The chest is beautiful. Even the way you handled the cedar in the interior stands out.

But, when you post your pictures, the shop is a big distraction. A very nice distraction, but a distraction just the same.
See ya later,
Bill
Wow, Dave. That's beautiful. The cherry, the top trim rail(nice touch) and the curves. Well done, young man.
That's a piece that will be treasured for generations.

Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Wow Dave, that is nice looking today, gonna be positively killer in a few years once that Cherry gets toasted.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

Wow Dave, that is nice looking today, gonna be positively killer in a few years once that Cherry gets toasted.

What George said. She'll love it forever.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Very nice chest.
That first picture - sitting on a nice bench in a nice looking shop - looks like it came right out of a magazine.
Two thoughts. That chest is Stunning!! I love the grain and the whole symmetry.

Second thought: Your shop is way too clean.

Carry on.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...