Yet another failed item from Grizzly....................
A few months back I purchased Grizzlys dust collector remote. Right out of the box it didn't work correctly but I was able to get it work eventually but it failed all together in a week or two later. Grizzly replaced that unit with a new one for me. I get this unit and it hesitates on initial start up but then oddly works perfect for 6 weeks. Last night it quit all together. This morning I plug it in to try one more time before filing a complaint. It turns on but then switches off immediately. This really stinks. Is all of Grizzlys electronics cheaply made in Taiwan! All their tools I have work great.
not to argue but are you sure about Taiwan? China produces more of what you are describing
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Have you checked the receptacle it's plugged into? A Hot-Neutral reverse can cause weird symptoms and so can lack of ground.

I agree, the odds are the Grizzly electronics are at fault. Still, it couldn't hurt to check.

Mike
Could be a bad solder joint in the unit.
I bought the one from Rockler, not cheap but I wanted a good one. Worked for almost a year and the remote died. To rocklers credit they replaced it. That one worked for a few months before it died as well. I was going to build my own and stumbled onto this one at Lowes

Utilitech remote

I'm told it's junk and it's rated 15 amps and my collector draws 16 at start up. Even so I've been using it for about six months with no issues to this point. Even it only lasts a year it's cheaper than replacing an 80 dollar one every couple of years.
Steve K

It's to review this thread and make one your self that will last a very long time as well as be a lot cheaper to buy. It might be easier to go the end, and then back up.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Wayne G. said:

A few months back I purchased Grizzlys dust collector remote. Right out of the box it didn't work correctly but I was able to get it work eventually but it failed all together in a week or two later. Grizzly replaced that unit with a new one for me. I get this unit and it hesitates on initial start up but then oddly works perfect for 6 weeks. Last night it quit all together. This morning I plug it in to try one more time before filing a complaint. It turns on but then switches off immediately. This really stinks. Is all of Grizzlys electronics cheaply made in Taiwan! All their tools I have work great.

NEWS FLASH!! Just about all electronic are made or assembled in China. Get over it.....
Please don't bring "facts" or "reality" into it.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
YSU65 said:

[blockquote]Wayne G. said:

NEWS FLASH!! Just about all electronic are made or assembled in China. Get over it.....

[/blockquote]
Yes, China is fine. Unfortunately this is made in Taiwan. Sooooo.....NEWS FLASH, it's two different countries. Ha
Wayne G. said:

[blockquote]YSU65 said:

[blockquote]Wayne G. said:

[/blockquote]
Yes, China is fine. Unfortunately this is made in Taiwan. Sooooo.....NEWS FLASH, it's two different countries. Ha

[/blockquote]

You got that backwards, Taiwan is high-end compared to China.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24