Pin and Tail spacing method
Megan Fitzgerald's video breaks the code/simplifies pin and tail spacing IF you start with 1/pin - tail - pin.
Question: Is there a similar method if you start with 1/2 tail, pin, tail? I'm starting on a blanket chest build and prefer this sequence.
It works exactly the same way, I start with half a tail, and it works fine.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
link to the video?

carl
Is this the method where you step off the tails with dividers? Martin is correct. You just lay out the half pins where you want them and then get your dividers set for the number and spacing of full pins and tails. I haven't seen Megan's method, but I use the one that Rob Cosman teaches and it gives perfect layout results. Videos are almost essential for learning it however.

Edit: There is another thread on this topic running right now. Check it out.
Here