Stickley Umbrella Stand Plan or dimensions
Hi everyone. I have been wanting to build a Stickley #54 Umbrella Stand but I have been unable to find a shop drawing or plan for it.

I have tried to build one in sketchup but I have been unable to get the post taper and the top rail spacing to look right. Does anyone have an idea of where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Alex - we have an umbrella stand that looks just like it or very similar at home (E-sale find) don't know if its a Stickley or not - I can measure it and send ya dim's & pic's if you want?
12”w x 12”d x 34”h

You should be able to work up the rest from a google image search.
"The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me." -Tony Konovaloff
"Have nothing in your house which you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris
AlexA said:

Hi everyone. I have been wanting to build a Stickley #54 Umbrella Stand but I have been unable to find a shop drawing or plan for it.

I have tried to build one in sketchup but I have been unable to get the post taper and the top rail spacing to look right. Does anyone have an idea of where to look?

Thanks in advance.

I imported an image I found into SketchUp and did some quick figuring. The legs look to be 2" square although I'd lighten them up a little. Maybe 1-7/8 sq., the bottom rail about 3-5/8" high, and the top rail is about 2-3/8" high. The rails are set 1/2 in. from the face of the legs. The bottom rails are 2" above the floor and there appears to be about 21-3/4" between the bottom and top rails.

Quickie sketch here. Could be further detailed pretty easily.
I made one for my mother about 10 years ago or so:

Not sure where I got the plans... I think I just eyeballed it.

Roughly 12x12x34 though I think. I believe the legs are 1.5" square though.

Mom uses it for a plant stand, so I made the two plates from copper sheet scraps I got from a local gutter shop.
Umbrella stand Page 100 of the Stickley and Audi catalog

H331/2 W111/2 D111/2
Thanks DCM, I would appreciate it. There are 3 measurements I am having trouble with.

The width of the top and bottom rails
The distance the top rail and the start of the taper
And the length of the taper.
Looks great, how long is the taper you used?

Great idea on the gutter shop for the copper. Thanks
I've been trying, the taper is giving me fits. If I make it flat in the model it does not look right and I cannot find a side view of an original anywhere online.
Thanks Rohan, any chance it has a side view of the taper or says the width of the rails?