Wood Magazine Subscription Renewal
I recently received the last Wood magazine in my subscription. I went online to my account to renew my subscription to renew and I cannot find anywhere to do so. The closest link is to update my automatic renewal status and I get the following response:

"You are not eligible to change your auto renewal status. If you have questions or need further assistance, contact WOOD Customer Service."

I contacted their customer service about this since verbiage in the magazine directs me to their website to renew. I stated my dislike in giving credit card information to another person over the phone and preference to do so on a secure webpage. This was over a week ago with no response.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced a similar situation with their Wood subscription or if you have a subscription, do you have a valid link to renew your subscription?

Thank you in advance for any help or sanity check.
Just checking because in the past I have found "Wood magazine" to be highly confusing. Did you contact customer service from a number found inside the magazine, or from information from a mailing? They are presented by a bunch of companies selling subscriptions, and I am not so sure many of them know what the word ethical is. I don't subscribe to Wood any longer because of it, rather I look at them on the newsstand, and generally pass.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I contacted the customer service via the link in the customer service section of "my account" on their website. I got a reply back that they received it, but nothing regarding an actual solution.
The only auto-renewal I've ever run into was a discounted special on Amazon and they always had clear instructions on how to cancel.

Otherwise, I've been getting Wood for years and to renew, I just respond to one of their regular renewal offers, which I still do with a check in the mail.
Dave
I think Wood Magazine is sold by every magazine vendor under the sun. My last renewal was for three years for $12. I was skeptical, but within 2 issues my expiration date was updated.

I always use a credit card, online or over the phone. Most, if not all, credit cards now have $00.00 liability in the case of fraud. I don't think checking accounts have that same protection.

I had a problem with a woodworking supply company. I called the credit card company. They immediately reversed the charge, pending an investigation. They got no response from the company and notified me that the reversal was permanent.

I later met the owner of the company at a woodworking show in Reading, Pa. I asked him if it was safe to do business with him considering what happened. He said he was having personal problems at the time, divorce etc. He offered to make good on the spot. He was relieved that the credit card company had taken care of it.

Had I mailed a check, who knows what would have happened?

---
See ya later,
Bill
Bill is right! For those who don't have credit cards as a matter of principle, you should really re-think your stance.

Here's a wild story for you----as you may have read, Sears spun off their cc' division a year or two ago. We bought a new refrigerator from them and had it delivered. Delivery was supposed to move the old frig' to the garage and set up the new one. First off---they charged us for an ice maker hose we didn't order----they stripped the set screw on one of the old frig' handles causing us to have to buy a new handle, and they didn't remove all the packing on the new unit nor did they level it.

I filed for a refund of something like $80 with the delivery dept.----no response----filed for an adjustment on the credit card----they took care of it no problem.
Dave
FYI, here is a quote from the Wood Mag that arrived this week, as several folks had complained about scams and other problems with renewals, etc.

Wood Magazine said:

Wood Magazine never uses outside parties to solicit subscription renewals. All legitimate renewal notices will contain the WOOD logo and a 10-digit subscriber number (preceded by WDM) that matches the one on your magazine's mailing label, and payments will always be to WOOD -- never to a third party. The safest way to renew your subscription is with a credit card online at woodmagazine.com/myaccount. If you have questions about something you received, please call our customer service line at 800-374-9663 and select option 1. We're happy to help.

It's not directly the answer to the OP, but seems relevant to the thread.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Bill ... that is what royally pi$$es me off. They tell you to go to their website to renew the subscription and there is absolutely no link to do so. There is a link to contact customer service with one of the prefilled topics of renewal question, which I used. I asked how I can directly renew my subscription with a credit card on their site instead of having to give all my information to a person over the phone ... no response after nearly 2 weeks. Sounds like they don't want people to renew subscriptions. Funny thing though, I can click a link after I sign into my account and order Better Homes and Gardens thorough their site.
skizzo said:

FYI, here is a quote from the Wood Mag that arrived this week, as several folks had complained about scams and other problems with renewals, etc.

[blockquote]Wood Magazine said:

Wood Magazine never uses outside parties to solicit subscription renewals. All legitimate renewal notices will contain the WOOD logo and a 10-digit subscriber number (preceded by WDM) that matches the one on your magazine's mailing label, and payments will always be to WOOD -- never to a third party. The safest way to renew your subscription is with a credit card online at woodmagazine.com/myaccount. If you have questions about something you received, please call our customer service line at 800-374-9663 and select option 1. We're happy to help.

It's not directly the answer to the OP, but seems relevant to the thread.

[/blockquote]

That's a little misleading as they are looking to get the most out of your wallet. While they don't "use" outside services for renewal solicitations, there are plenty of magazine vendors who sell Wood magazine. Publishers Clearing House comes to mind. If you buy from them while you have a current subscription, it will be added to your current subscription. Technically it's not a renewal. When I used to read a lot of magazines I would look for the best deal, send it to PCH and they would match it.
See ya later,
Bill
My experience as well Bill. Out to 2019 right now I think with those $4 a year deals.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.