Need a wood for a cleaver handle. Suggestions?
My ancient paws grip large things better than small things. I suggest you consider an oversized handle for ease of gripping.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Wustoff makes some of the best chefs' knives around. This from their website:

The jewel of the WÜSTHOF collection, IKON has beautifully designed handles made of African Blackwood (Grenadill). African Blackwood is known for extreme density and has a distinctive wood grain. IKON full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stain-free steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster. The double bolster design provides exceptional balance for effortless cutting.

http://www.exoticwood.biz/africanblackwood.htm
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
mission16 said:

Where is a good source for rosewood or cocobolo?

Post a WTB on Swap N Sell and you'll get some response. Otherwise, google knife scale blanks and you'll find many sources of knife scales that will suit your purpose. Bell Forest Products and Woodcraft are two sources. Woodcraft has cocobolo (rosewood family) and Burmese rosewood. Bell Forest Products a gazillion choices including African Blackwood and all manner of rosewoods.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill