Plane Wax
I have / had a bar of hard wax for lubing the sole during use. I dropped it on the floor and it shattered into a dozen or so pieces. Still usable wax I guess, but I want a new one.

But, I don't remember what kind of wax it was or where I purchased it from.
Looked at the LV site but could not find anything similar to what I had.
What am I looking for?
Or, what do you use and like?
Ag
Can't you melt the pieces in a double boiler and recast them into one piece again?
It sounds like Carnauba Wax here

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/141071/...-x-58.aspx

I would send you one but I am on my last piece

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Go to your local grocery store and look for parifin wax. I still on my first bar and I bought it several years ago
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Blacky's Boy said:

Go to your local grocery store and look for parifin wax. I still on my first bar and I bought it several years ago

A pound goes a long waaaaa a a y.

Oth, your wife's candles work too.
hbmcc said:

[blockquote]Blacky's Boy said:

A pound goes a long waaaaa a a y.

Oth, your wife's candles work too.

[/blockquote]

Yes. Paraffin wax of any sort works fine. Get it in the canning section.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Arlin Eastman said:

It sounds like Carnauba Wax here

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/141071/...-x-58.aspx

I would send you one but I am on my last piece

Arlin

Yes, that looks like it.
Thank you.
I will try the local Shoprite for the suggested paraffin wax.
Thank folks!
Ag
If Shoprite doesn't have it, WalMart should.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Rings for setting toilets have a lot of beeswax in them. I keep one around for lube and to lube screws when making jigs, rough work and shop fixtures.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
If your feeling sexy, try this . The guys on our team use it on their sticks and I always wondered how it would work on my planes.

With that said I'm still working on my block of pariffin wax that I started using a two years ago.
~ Chris