Finish for Laundry Room countertop?
I will be visiting my Daughter next week and one of the "Daddy Do" projects is to replace the countertop in her Laundry Room with a laminated Walnut countertop from L/L. (Her idea, definetly not mine.) I will install the top but I will leave it up to her and husband to finish it. WHat would be the best finish that two absolute novices could apply to the countertop that would have some sort of chance of being a durable finish? TIA
IME you need both high durability and chemical resistance. Likely the best non-exoic finish for this is GF Arm-R-Seal, but there are two things: some folks find it hard to apply even though it is a wipe on, the other thing is that it is slow curing and stinky until cured. IMHO your best choice is GF EnduroVar. It's a easy to use waterborne and as long a it's applied >60F and allowed to cure for 72 hours before use it is fool proof.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes