My newest pen and playing around with my photo setup
I turned this pen last night. It is a Jr. Aaron with a Afzelia Xlay wood, Rhodium/22K Gold finish. I think the mirror background looks better than the white. What do you think?

If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Nice job! The grain has character. I too, like the mirror background better in the pics. What is your finish on the pen?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

Nice job! The grain has character. I too, like the mirror background better in the pics.

What he said.
The finish is CA glue. I sand the wood to 500 grit, put on a small amount of BLO, then 7-8 coats of medium CA. After the CA has set up I use a plastic polish to shine it up.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
To me both pens are washed out in the photos. I would say use a grey or blue background or re adjust your settings on the camera. Need to play around with your setup some more. Nice timber on the pen though.
John T.
Very nice....I like the character of the wood.
Well shama lamma ding dong to you too......
I really like the pen.

On the mirror I find it is distracting if it is laying down but if it was 45 degrees or up right might help for me anyway.

Also White back ground seems kind of bleek and with no softness to it.

Just me and how I feel tho

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Quote:

Also White back ground seems kind of bleek and with no softness to it.

Same here...The background washes out the detail for me, but nice work on the pen.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset