Miter saw ?
Is Bosch the only manufacturer (besides Festool) that offers a low profile, or short back end clearance CCMS?

I seem to remember an Hitachi model that was, but cannot find it.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Roger
Hitachi C12LSH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXLOzo_Y38

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks for posting that, I'll be in the market to replace my ancient Hitachi 10" slider soon. The Kapex and the Glide cost more than I'm willing to pay for a miter saw.
The Glide has by far the least back clearance requirement of any of the current SCMS. But there are saw out there with much lower clearance requirements than average, just not nearly as good.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
JR1 said:

The Glide has by far the least back clearance requirement of any of the current SCMS. But there are saw out there with much lower clearance requirements than average, just not nearly as good.

I have read about lateral deflection issues on the Bosch Glide with little effort. You notice anything like that at all with your Glide?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.