plane rehabing
There must be something I dont understand about the search feature here on previous posts. No matter what I type in, I cannot find a post on which black paint to use for the plane bodies. Any help would be appreciated.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
web page

Hope this helps

Steve
yes Steve, that is what I needed, thank you. what key words did you use to find that? Thanks again.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Don't laugh, but I used the Woodnet search function to search the word "Black." That was it. I limited it to the Hand Tools section. I made it go back 10 years and give me 250 results per page. Then I scanned the results quickly to find one that looked relevant. Took around 90 seconds.

I'm sure that Toby has a better way (he seems to have an uncanny knack for web searching), but I always try to find a unique word that's not likely to return too many results. The word "Japanning" would't return stuff that talked about paint. I figured words like paint, rehab, fettle, refurbish, and plane would produce way too many results. The word "Black" produced 2 pages of results and it was easy to pick the ones that were what you wanted.

I know, too much information, but you asked.

Steve
Is a rattle can of black engine block spray paint considered a power or hand tool? Talk amongst yourselves.
I think someone asked a question and someone responded. Tip: as soon as you see it is not of interest to you, you can stop reading. Be nice.
RE: the search function, it's an old-school function that requires you to use a + sign for most searches--read the directions on the page.

Or you could use a regular Google search and include "WoodNet" as part of your search terms. It works pretty well.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.