Minimum roof pitch on shed lean-to...
(02-02-2017, 08:27 AM)DRAHandyman Wrote: Why not just start the high side of the lean-to roof farther up the shed roof?  More slope and also higher at the lower edge?

That is how I have done it when I wanted more clearance and slope than the minimum.  Part of that depends on the trusses but if you ar building it from scratch have them engineered in that manner. it is a much simpler solution  and you roof is still structurally sound 

joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Franks Sheds is a spammer. Reported.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
What about corrugated plastic or metal roofing? The translucent plastic stuff would let light through on bright days. I think that might be helpful when you're working on cars.
Most shingle manufacturers say anything under 4/12 shouldn't be shingled but some have recommendations for installation methods as low as 2/12 but you'll loose your warranty on anything under 4/12. Look up "low slope applications procedures".
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Use owens corning weatherlock instead of felt and a 2/12 slope will be fine.
I inspected a home today with a 1/12, shingled shed roof over an addition with the kitchen in it. I'm 99% sure it wasn't permitted. I went into the crawlspace underneath it and it's built on piers/posts like a deck over an old concrete patio with no perimeter foundation. The joists are insulated over so I couldn't see the structure. You could see the sags in the roof between the joists, but the roof covering was new. As was the roof covering on the rest of the home. All I can do is warn them in a polite way and I did. One side of the patio door leading out of the room into the new deck was stuck and there was obvious water damage to the baseboard on the same wall. Some real shoddy CPVC plumbing under the sink also.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(02-02-2017, 11:04 AM)joe1086 Wrote: If you are trying to respond the the OP, FYI this thread is about 1 1/2 years old.....

DOH!!!