Junk sale turns into a possible new way to sell some turnings!
Ended up at a sale (even picked up a few goodies) and turns out the guy makes hand crafted cigar box guitars. After talking with he and his wife I find out they hit a lot of craft shows and in areas better than around my parts. We discussed me making parts some simple parts for his work and him selling my items at the shows he goes to. I'll most likely start slow with him to test the waters, but it looks promising. I made one slide for him out of antler and he was very pleased with it and even played his guitar with it. I'll tell you one thing those things don't sound like they look, I was quite impressed. He is going to try and sell it through his channels, for me, to see if there is a market for my goods. After that he said it's up to me. I'm going to make a few more slides out of different materials and we also talked about some other simple parts I can make and sell on ebay. We spent quite a while talking today and he gave me a lot of advice on ways to market and sell my items, which I need as I'm sitting on a couple K worth of stuff doing nothing. If him selling stuff for me works out, at the craft fairs, it will be great as I work full time shift work I don't get many weekends off when the fairs are going on and it isn't worth losing overtime to take time off. Anyways, I hope things work out, even if it is just to get more advice from someone who has some experience at selling their hobby.

Bob
It may work, but you never know till you try. Some shows are very picky about what you can sell. All the ones I did, you had to make what you sold, which means some of the shows could require you to be at the booth, at least part time, during selling time. The ones where any one could sell anything never were very good for me.

robo hippy
Yep, all the juried shows I was in required you to be the artist that made what is being sold.
VH07V  
Same here, you make it , you have to sell it. Had to sign a form to that effect and they were around on sale day to make sure.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member