Weekend Rust Hunting
" />

Three days of trading kicked off at Rogers Flea Market on Friday, then on to Millersburg for Antiques in the Alley on Saturday and a quiet finish on Sunday at the Ohio Tool Collectors Club meet. I locked my keys in the truck Sunday and after waiting two hours for AAA, the driver was suprised to find me in a good mood. I just sat in the open back with good company...new tools.

The two plows are both Ohio Tool Company a No.96 1/2 and a No. 101. Good working shape with little damage to the threads.

The molding planes are crisp Sandusky Tool Co. a 7/8" No. 177 Table Plane, a 1" No. 146 Rabbet Plane with a tight mouth and a No. 62 7/8" Dado.

The stone looks like it will be a Lily White Washita or mabey a Rosy Red. Never oiled it should lap out to be a nice user.

The backsaw is a beautiful 10" 15ppi Disston No. 4 with a Reagan Patent handle. One of the early ones.

Forgot to picture a minty Marshall Peerless Jewelers lathe and a old boxed Washita.

David
Very nice, in particular the saw. Now put them to work!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Those Cherry boards are my sons first project. A box for 4H. We are working with all hand tools, he already hates knots and loves straight grain.
Quote:

Marshall Peerless Jewelers lathe

Would love to see it!
I'm still waiting for Dominic to post up pics of that maroon block plane he scored over the weekend.

carl

Me too!
I'm holding out for the "after," when he's got it polished up to a high sheen, with a nice engraving from Cloudy on the sides.

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Minty.
Here is the lathe with some watchmakers tools i picked up a couple of weeks ago and make a nice set.

" />

David