A vase I made for a guy here
Last year for the SS in handtools I received a good friend and this is one of the things I sent him.

I did not take the photos because I forgot but my wife did and she just told me about them on the camera of my daughters. Good to have a considerate wife.

It is my very first glue up of anything and I am very pleased.

The middle is 2x2 Black Walnut then 3/4", Maple then 3/8" Cherry, then one more thin Black walnut. On the top 1/3 I glued up 4 pieces of 4x4 1/8 Cherry and 1/4" Bloodwood a gentleman from WoodNet that was from a wood floor.

Then I turned it all.

I did learn a lesson about USPS since my friend told me the bottom foot broke off and I will be double packing next time I send something like this out.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's very pretty Arlin. The contrasts show very well. Cool piece.
Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA
Very well done Arlin, looks great.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Well done!
I like it!!!
Awesome work, Arlin, you are a great guy and a great friend.

Bob
Very nice Arlin,pretty dang kewl too, colors are very nice and none are overbearing the others, well played.
Ken
Good job Arlin. I know it's not easy keeping all those layers centered on the first 2x block. ya dun good
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Beautiful work Arlin, I like the contrasts
Steve K

Thanks guys. I did a heap of learning from it.

I hope as soon as I get a new Air Conditioner and mounted in the window I will be back to turning again.

I can say I really can not tolerate the heat over 75 anymore. When my mobile Air con broke it is very intolerable and found if I get hot anymore I feel like a volcano inside.
I really do not know how you guys stand it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.