What paint for carriage doors?
I am making a set of carriage doors to replace my sons garage door using an article that I found in March 2012 Fine Homebuildig magazine. They left their doors with the natural wood finish but I need to paint mine. Does anyone have any advice on what paint to use? They will be painted white as per my daughter-in-law's directions. Also, the house is in Seattle (lots of rain) and is facing west (which would get a lot of sun if it were not in Seattle). Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
SW A-100® Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint very easy to apply. White comes in 121 shades. I'd expect it to last 5–7 years. The SW exterior oils will last a bit longer but they are more of a pain to apply and you may not be able to get them.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Thanks!