Airbrush recommendation
I like to get the appropriate air brush with it's own compressor for spraying oils or lacquer for boxes. I know less than nothing about such systems. Recommendations please
Thanks in advance
Mark
I keep thinking I'll buy an airbrush but the cheap ones are not very versatile and the good ones like the Grex not cheap. My sister and a couple of her friends make a living with their airbrushes and that's what they all use.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I don't know much about spraying oils but I do know a little about airbrushes. One thing I know is that you don't have to spend much for a nice airbrush.

TCP-Global is an online supplier for autobody supplies. They have an online store called Airbrush Depot. I've bought several airbrushes from them with no problems.

I highly recommend the G233. It comes with a few different needles and tips for different viscosity finishes. It really can't be beat for the price of $49.98

Just make sure you keep it clean. wipe out the cup and lid with lacquer thinner and shoot some through it to clean it. Every once in a while, take it apart and clean thoroughly.

If you think the cup is too small, think about the G244 which has larger cups. It's only $39.96. I've never used the G244 but I have come to trust TCP-Global and I wouldn't worry too much about the quality.

Whatever you buy, make sure you buy a "dual action" gun. This gives you much more control over a single action gun.

Whatever you use for a compressor, you'll need somewhere around 35 to 45 psi continuously. Most folks shoot at 43 to 45psi. You should be looking for a compressor with .8 cfm a water separator and a braided hose. You can get away with .6 cfm but you might run into trouble using the larger needles and caps. Don't buy a diaphram compressor, they provide pulsating air, very difficult to work with.

The TC-20T is a real nice compressor for the money and fairly quiet.

Look at the site for other compressors, there's a bunch of them.

Here's your hose kit.

Good luck