Unisaw ?
Will this work on my 3 hp unisaw

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D4151-22...0+paddle+switch
Rated up to 20 amps on 240V, should be good to go.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks
A unisaw deserves a magnetic switch. If the saw looses power you want it to stay off if power is restored.

If your unisaw has a lvc it needs a mometary switch to latch the contactor coil.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike
I know less that nothing about wiring. I have avoided it ever since I almost electrocuted myself when I was 22. No kidding almost died. My uni currently just has an on off push button, which occasionally sticks. I bought a mag switch awhile back, and while I had an electrician doing some work for me I asked him to install it. He said the saw would have to be rewired. I didn't dispute what he said . My uni has a box on the back with all the connections. I'm not sure if all the saws have this or why . The switch I referenced looks exactly like mine minus the paddle.
I would say the saw is already wired for low voltage starting and the switch you show will work as you expect by only installing it.

The key to being safe with electricity: disconnect the power source *(unplug it) before attempting any work

HTH

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The switch linked is a latching switch.

If the saw was has a lvc on it it will not work.

The delta switches that look like that many times momentary switches. On is NO and off is NC. They pass 24v to the coil of the contactor in the lvc box. The buttons will feel springy instead of latching on and the off unlatching the on button.

If the saw has no switches or lvc box you might be fine but with a bit more info I/we can help you.

I just dont want you to install a latching switch to a contactor.

Pm sent Mark.

This is the inside of a Delta momentary switch.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

At least one of the reviews says it will not work with a magnetic switch.
One Ozark American
LIL. You can either use that switch by itself as a cheap standalone start/stop switch, or you can find a momentary low voltage control station like the one Mike shows to wire in the LVC mag switch on the back of the saw. You can't use the switch in the link as the control station for the mag switch.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
I have a similar switch on mine. From the Big Green Bear store. Pic is from July 2011, switch is at least 2 years older. I do have a big electric box on the back side, no idea what that's about. I put that switch on, replacing a similar switch I didn't like. Previous owner spilled Coca Cola on the motor and put in a 4 h.p. Leeson.

" />

" />