Unisaw problem
Hi all,

When I raise the blade on my X5 Uni, there is a definite resistance that borders on grinding. This is a new issue, and I have no idea what might have led to it.

I suppose this is why.

How do I address this? It's not obvious to me what to adjust to place these back into alignment.

Thanks all.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Can't see an issue with the gears----the very first thing I'd check is for wood scraps binding in the arbor unit (which rises with the blade). The next thing is check for looseness or proper alignment of the screws holding the shaft in position for the wheel to adjust height.
Dave
daveferg said:

Can't see an issue with the gears----the very first thing I'd check is for wood scraps binding in the arbor unit (which rises with the blade). The next thing is check for looseness or proper alignment of the screws holding the shaft in position for the wheel to adjust height.

They don't look offset, like they are binding?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Aram said:

[blockquote]daveferg said:

They don't look offset, like they are binding?

[/blockquote]

the elevation rack is not supposed to ride on top of the worm gear so yes it is an issue.

IIRC the fix is to loosen the stop at the back of the saw on the raising shaft get the gears meshing again then reset the stop at the back to keep it in place

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

the elevation rack is not supposed to ride on top of the worm gear so yes it is an issue.

IIRC the fix is to loosen the stop at the back of the saw on the raising shaft get the gears meshing again then reset the stop at the back to keep it in place

Joe

Thanks, Joe. I'll do that.
Best,
Aram, always learning