MM16 table wobble
August 8, the day all my machines become possessed. My 2004 MM16 has developed considerable play in the table. The play is mostly or maybe entirely in the plane of the table -- maybe it tilts a bit, hard to tell -- and it moves easily when you push it. I don't see any loose bolts; it just seems to twist. I can see the trunion (or whatever you call it; the metal piece with the curved bolt-slot that moves when you tilt the table) moving with the table top. The tilt lock mechanism feels like it is cranked down hard, so I don't think that's the problem.

I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
My whole table wobbles and flexes.
I could go on.

It's hard to imagine what it could be. The tilt lock locks the bracket in place that holds the table, and then the table is fastened to it with 4 bolts. I'm thinking removing the table may allow you to see the problem.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Jeremy s said:

My whole table wobbles and flexes.
I could go on.

Now I'm wondering if this is a new symptom, or if it was always like this and I never noticed. I managed to make neat veneer slices out of my buddy's walnut slab, so whatever is going on, I'm not seeing a performance hit.

Weird.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I just checked out my MM16 and I'm thinking you need to recheck all of the bolts that secure the table to the trunion.
Checked again and found a loose bolt I had missed before. Trivial fix.

Best,
Aram, always learning

Nice outcome ..