Mobile Tool Organization/What's your favorite Tool Bag?
This is what I use for my on-site furniture repair business. I have a well-tuned hand-tool kit that fits in it. I like the inside and outside pockets to keep things from just becoming a pile o' tools.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/too...t-toolbox/
+1 on this type of bag. I have the Craftsman version. I have a zippered tool bag also, and I'm always fumbling for tools in the zippered bag. The rigid kind allows you access to tools more easily. If security is an issue, then the lockable boxes might work better.

bhh said:

This is what I use for my on-site furniture repair business. I have a well-tuned hand-tool kit that fits in it. I like the inside and outside pockets to keep things from just becoming a pile o' tools.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/too...t-toolbox/

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I guess I should add that my bag weighs about 40 lb, though the heaviest thing in there is a 1 lb deadblow hammer. I didn't want the additional weight of a wooden toolbox. I thought that would add some weight especially with a number of partitions inside. This thing weighs way less than a pound, empty.

I checked out CLC, McGuire, and Husky for their different configuations and this one fit best. My prototype was a 5 gal bucket wrap, but thought that looked sort of unprofessional in addition to not the best organization. I'd seriously look at the Pro-Pac if money was no object.

I have a couple of plastic cans that fit inside and make partitions to hold vertical tools (e.g., chisels, flashlight)
The solution I went with is the DeWalt Tough Boxes. 

https://www.dewalt.com/jobsite-solutions/toughsystem

I've been using them for about five years now and LOVE them. Tough. They don't break. Good sizes. Watertight. I can throw these in the back of my pickup and not worry about rain. I now store each tool with all accessories and ammo it needs. 

They're a bit expensive. If you don't need to be portable then you might not like the prices. However, if you need to be on site and need some tool storage cases that def keep up then I highly recommend this strategy. 

As an aside: don't buy their limited/over-priced dolly option. Get one of these instead:

Magliner Gemini JR

Cool 

I'm fond of the Bosch bags
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This past week, while watching the YouTube videos of the rebuilding of the "Tally Ho" yatch (Google it), I noticed how the shipwrights carried their tools in a white canvas bag called a "riggers bag". I was amazed at how they carried so many tools. I did a search on the web, and a number of variations came up, but the one that looked identical, was available at Harbor Freight.

Not being a HF fan, I begrudingly stopped at the local store, and, when I saw the bag, I couldn't get my money out of my pocket fast enough. The HF "riggers bag" is a gem, and a value at three times the price of $9.99. The bag is very heavy, white canvas, pouches all around with an open top. Far better than the tool buckets I used to tote around!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I have separate tool bags for my utility saw, my angle grinder, my drill & bits.  All from Harbor-Freight.  Typically I wait until they are on sale at $4.00 to $6.00.  I have versions that are open and others that zip closed. 

The only issue is that they all look alike, so I have to unzip them to find the right one.  But everything I need for the tool is in one bag.  Very convenient.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.