Here's another shellac source...
not that we may need one.But they do offer bags of flakes in smaller quantities than 1#, a question I see asked every once in a while. For the record, I read about this place on another forum. When I checked them out, they had 1# bags of dewaxed Super Blonde listed for $5.99 (!). I ordered one of them (should have ordered 20 I guess) and a bag of dewaxed Garnet. I got it last week, and it's a very good quality shellac...I just dissolved some garnet yesterday/today and it's the closest I've eer been to 100% dissolution. When I strained it I didn't have but 5-6 very small pieces of undissolved material. Anyway, back to the Super Blonde price. Within an hour of me ordering some at $5.99, the price changed to $27/#...guess what i found was an "awshit", but they honored it anyway. Shipping is very quick (I got mine in 4 days) and free over $40. Not as much variety as Shellac.net, but still enough to make it worth considering. Oh, yeah: linky.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well, it sure ain't that price anymore. $27/lb. was the cheapest I saw.