Moved. Now, how do I move my shop equipment?
I moved less than a mile. All my stuff is in the new house except my shop equipment.
I packed the small stuff.
I need to move a PM66, dj20 jointer, mm16, PM planer, dust collector.
I would like to hire movers. Where would I find them ? All the house movers said no to moving this stuff
Easiest fastest and cheapest is to call pens or other truck rental company and rent a lift gate truck for an afternoon.

Or the other method is to use a small homebuilt trailer behind the riding mower since you are that close..

I'm slowly building all my stuff into carts so when we move to Charlotte in a few years it's mainly a matter of rolling all the carts out of the shop and on the truck. Only hard part is I can't get the truck to the shop so that will be fun. The 36" 1875 bandsaw will be really fun...
If you have a truck, I'd get rent a lift bed trailer from some place like sunbelt. It would take about 4 hours to move those machines.
Didn't think about the equipment/scissor lift trailers. That would work as well. Though here I'd go with someone other than sunbelt. They have a bad track record here with stuff working even brand new equipment.
Just bend over and pick them up and place them on your Pinto. I would have suggested Uhaul or such. Some of those guys do have lift gate trucks. When we moved my brothers shop he has a flat bed trailer - we had enough guys to lift his stuff. If I had to do it by myself I would make dollies to put on each machine I couldn't carry.

The big truck rentals (consumer rentals) do have list of people/companies that help move people. Give their web sites a visit or call them. I'l sure someone out there would do this.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I don't know how hard you looked for a moving company but when I moved last December the moving company moved the house stuff and the shop stuff. I didn't hire one of the big national moving companies but concentrated on the local smaller mom and pop movers. You might want to try finding a smaller local moving company. One key question to ask, "Do you have experience moving table saws and other shop type equipment?".
Where on the island are you? I rented a Budget truck that had a lift gate once in Huntington I think. That and some friends?
Benny

Craigslist is full of professional movers that want to make some extra money on the side. I would rent the truck and drive myself though, just to prevent them from holding your stuff hostage and asking for additional money.

I've done this to help move heavy tools down the basement stairs.
I also did it on a real move too.
Rent a truck and get movers to put the stuff on and off the truck. You drive the truck. I had no problem getting moving labor by the hour in Maryland, Niagara Falls, Ontario and Lewiston, NY. Ken
PaulJohnstone said:

Craigslist is full of professional movers that want to make some extra money on the side. I would rent the truck and drive myself though, just to prevent them from holding your stuff hostage and asking for additional money.

I've done this to help move heavy tools down the basement stairs.
I also did it on a real move too.

I'd be really careful about the moonlighters. They are not bonded individually, but bonded by the company. If something breaks during transport, you'll have a hard time recovering the damages. Not saying they can't do it, you just need to be aware of the risks.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill