Picking up a Foley belsaw planer tomorrow :)
its not a gloat really but look at it. It comes from a 'glass and mirror' shop that opened in 1976. I think the guy bought it new And put it in a closet!

I have a lunch box now and i cant wait to have that extra power!!!

500$

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/5166126131.html
Nice
Anyone have one? I heard good things about it as a planer.
I paid $250 for mine, but it was not as in as good a shape as that one appears to be. I predict you'll like it - a lot. That 5 HP motor powers through anything you put in it. It's very durable and very easy to work on if needed. The molding capability is a nice feature, too.

John
Picked it up this morning. Turns out the gu did use it to make picture frames a good bit but the use was gentle. The rubber rollers are like new with no ruts. It came with some molding cutters also...

It's crazy how cheap some people get them for. It probably has something to do with how ugly it is. I'm surprised it doesn't have some fake wood grain decal on its sides.

It's only 12" but the build quality is supposed to be very good and like you said, I will never need more power.

I hope to get it in the basement this evening and do a more though examination.

thanks for you thoughts!
I had one of those for years when I lived in Florida. Simple and reliable. Great that you got moulding cutters with it. The manufacturer didn't waste money on making it attractive, that's for sure. Ken
If anything is out of kilter and you need help give me a holler. I had to do quite a bit of work on mine to get it running properly again - partially why I got it cheap. I changed all the copper bushings in the drive train, repaired a partially broken pulley unique to the FB, and replaced the belt that goes on it as well as new springs for the feed rollers. The feed rollers are pretty hard and worn but still work well enough. The biggest problem mine had was the cast iron bed was either worn or bent. It was close to 1/16" low in the center. I ended up filling it with Bondo and gluing a piece of Formica over that. Five years later it's still running well. It ain't gotta be pretty to work - but yours does look good.

If you don't have an owner's manual you can find it on the web and download it.

John
Didn't get to see yours, but I got one off of eBay for $40 with a 3 hp motor. It was working when I bought it but I had to disassemble it to get it out of my truck by myself. The stand also had a lot of bug damage so that was going in the burn barrel anyway. Someday I'll get it back together. Mine is a model 9301 if I remember correctly.

Congrats on your purchase. From what I saw of mine while it was assembled, it should be a good machine.
I've got two of them, I got the first one and liked it so much as a planer that I bought the second to run molding. The idea was that then I wouldn't have to mess with resetting knives.

I probably should get rid of one to free up some space in my shop.

Duke
You could stack them.