Broken Patio Concrete
A corner has been broken off my back yard patio, see pic. Any ideas on the right way to fix this, assuming it is fixable?

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I know no way of making it whole again but I guess I would just cut it off on a miter to rid the jagged edge.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
The only way and it's a half hearted solution is to drill some holes in it and get some 3 inch tapcons apply some epoxy and screw it back in, fill the cracks with the epoxy.
Dig down 6" and construct a small concrete footing to set the broken piece on. Undercut the slab 6" with the footing. Patch the crack on the surface with mortar after the broken piece is set in place and the footing hardens.
There are all kinds of repair epoxies now days but you can't get them at HD or Ace. Go to a concrete supply house and explain your problem. Of course the fix may cost more than a new patio.

For my money I would do like WF suggested. Clean up the exposed edge and call it good.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Place the 2 small pieces in the trash.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
Actually I've seen several repair epoxies for Concrete at Home Depot and Lowes. The real Trick is going to be to seal it well enough to keep water out of the crack, because if it gets in there and freezes it will be game over for the repair.
Any fix isn't going to look good. The crack will show. Won't match the pebbled concrete.

Agree that the best thing is just to clean that edge up, make it look like you meant for it to be there.
DieselDennis said:

Any fix isn't going to look good. The crack will show. Won't match the pebbled concrete.

Agree that the best thing is just to clean that edge up, make it look like you meant for it to be there.

Totally agree---or you could straighten the edge and place brick or paver at the corner.

BUT I would also want to find out what happened in the first place. Any good pour for a patio is supposed to have thicker concrete around the perimeter. If there is erosion, I'd want to find it and fix it otherwise this could be the first of many broken edges.
Dave
daveferg said:

BUT I would also want to find out what happened in the first place. Any good pour for a patio is supposed to have thicker concrete around the perimeter. If there is erosion, I'd want to find it and fix it otherwise this could be the first of many broken edges.

Thanks for all the ideas, still not sure which way I'll go. Dave, you are correct, there is erosion here. The irrigation system box is right there, you can see it in the pic, and so this area gets soaked occasionally. Probably enough to cause a little erosion/settling.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools