"Time Saver" overhead belt sander????
Anyone know anything about them? Friend has one he needs to sell and he has no idea what it's worth.

18" wide, serial # 931, 3 phase.

Any one know anything??

Thanks
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I was looking at the smallest one they make for sanding metal about 6 months back.
Here is the website link with quite a bit of info.
http://www.timesaversinc.com/content/spe...-wide-belt

The one I was looking at was reasonable on cost for a USA made machine. Even it was 3 phase, so you may need a converter.
Lee
Don't know anything about that one but Norm used a wider one in his shop for several seasons.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
We use one for metal work at my job. It's pro manufacturing level equipment for sure. Maybe search around CL to see what they go for?
Benny

Unfortunately I can't tell you anything real about it other than they have a good reputation as an industrial machine.

The Timesaver website lists this shop as their KY woodworking distributor:

Wood Distributors

HOOSIER WOODWORKING MACHINERY, INC.
3306 Cobblers Court New Albany,
IN 47150
Contact Information
T: 812-944-3302
F: 812-944-8268
Email: jasonneafus.hwm@gmail.com

I would call him, ask what a new equivalent is worth, and price it about 50% of that.
-DC

"I have morons on my team."
-Megatron, 1986
From their contact email:
Quote:

The sander you are referring to is a Model Top 18.

These machines are no longer supported by Timesavers.

Serial # 931 was built in 1960 and does not have the

Safety features required today.

We cannot supply manuals or parts for these machines.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
All good info.

As far as pricing goes it still would be a reasonable shot to aim for 50% of whatever the new comparable 18" overhead model is.

Have you asked at owwm ? There must be a Timesaver expert over there.
-DC

"I have morons on my team."
-Megatron, 1986
DirectCedar said:

Have you asked at owwm ? There must be a Timesaver expert over there.

OWWM doesn't allow price/value questions.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
considering the age and the fact that These units take a fair amount of abuse in function I probably would offer about 10-20% of any comparable present market value and if that was above 1K I would walk away I could have owned a 42" Beisse wide belt that was less than 5 yrs old from an auction that brought 1350.00 It was in good condition with less than 1000 hours use. You could see chattering in the piece they ran through it which leads to about 50 troubleshooting bullet points to work through

With no manufacturer support one would be fully on their own sourcing any proprietary parts if they were even available on the secondary scrap market or modifying pieces via machining or machine shop work

JMO/E
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

To my knowledge, all wide belt sander are "overhead". Hoosier Woodworking are great guys and would certainly help of they could.

Do you have a pic of the sander we're discussing or is this close ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIMESAVER-TOP18-...1385803410