older Hitachi C 10 FCD
Quick question. Having a problem moving the "handle". It just won't go down. On previous cuts, it was a little stiff, but I could lower and cut. Blade spins, and everything else seems okay. Anything in particular I should be looking at ? Torsion spring ? Manual wasn't much help.

I think (hope) I see a new saw in my future.
Get a C10FSH and dont look back. But you might try some dry lube on the parts first.

Flood it with WD40. You might have something jammed in the pivot. Try to loosen some of the parts to allow the WD40 to flow ionto all the nooks and crannies. If it loosens up wipe down really well because the WD40 will become a dust magnet. If it won't move after that it might be time for a new one.
Thanks. Will give the WD40 a try, may try the dry lube first. Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't think I would buy another Hitachi.
Well don't I feel stupid. Turns out the "cutter shaft guard" had come a little loose, and was slightly out of position. Tightened the screw, no more problem.
I've had the saw for almost 30 years, i still think its time for a new one.
Jeremy s said:

Get a C10FSH and dont look back. But you might try some dry lube on the parts first.

I have one those in my garage.
My Day Job
well, bye.