Wood Stain
Where do you get your wood stain?
I don't use stain too often after I discovered Transtint dyes, but when I do I have gravitated to SW's BAC Wiping Stains most of the time. It's a pro product but your local SW will at least know about it and may even have some in stock. It works like no other stain I have ever used. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off, and amazing color set even on hard to stain woods. The only downside is you have to spray the first coat over it, but rattle can shellac will work if you don't have spray equipment. Then you can apply anything, anyway you like. I also use General Finishes Gel Stains sometimes, especially as a glaze over a sealed surface.

John
Del
Have you looked at Elliott's?
You can also try Texas Paint on Ross, they carry Old Masters, and a couple of other brands. ( they are also very good at mixing custom colors)
They also carry Pratt & Lambert if the need arises.
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
Old Master's is what I like when I do stain. I buy it at a local paint store.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Starting to use less wood pigment stain, but getting into using a coat of tinted Watco "Danish Oil" as the first treatment (Medium Walnut on current project). Adds a nice bit of color without over-powering the wood. Let it dry for a few days, then top coating with preferred finish.

Jake
"Above all else, he's a happy woodworker, and he'll be laid in his coffin with the most unexplainable grin on his face for he has known he has lived." -Cian
It depends on what you are staining.

I've been using a lot of gel stains lately, so use General Finishes, from Rockler.
True; a local furniture store carries General Finishes line. Really like the Nutmeg gel stain on Ash and Elm. GF gel stain is the way to go for rich stark color changes.

Jake
"Above all else, he's a happy woodworker, and he'll be laid in his coffin with the most unexplainable grin on his face for he has known he has lived." -Cian