Remember when
Harbor Freight sold their bronze replica of the Stanley Odd Jobs #1 which was made from cast iron...I think they were priced at about ten bucks with a 12" brass- bound wood rule..Back then I made a dovetail Template/gauge out of 3/8" Lexan with a scratch pin to serve as a marking gauge.., as an attachment for it...How long ago was that...about five years??

They're back on the market now and sold by Axminster and IIRC, Woodcraft...but check out the price!! ..Aren't you glad you bought yours back then??????
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I think it's been more than 5 years, hasn't it? Maybe 7 or 8? What's the saying? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
You may be right Greg..Time goes by so fast...but "everything old is new again"...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

I bought one of those Harbor Freight odd jobs a couple years ago. I don't use it much.

carl
Quote:

I don't use it much.

I don't either...but I like bronze..so I bought it...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

I recall that they sold for something ridiculous like $7.95. Sure is handy to have close to the bench when you need to check square.

I guess now they are collector's items. Like their $9.99 handplane.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Quote:

Like their $9.99 handplane.

Right!!!!! ..That's another one of Harbor Freight "sleepers"!!! Tuned up, those little "El Cheapo" planes worked pretty darn well!!

I guess it pays to keep an eye on HF offerings!!!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset

It sure does pay to keep an eye out Jack. I have one of each of the items mentioned and they both work great.
Timberwolf said:

Harbor Freight sold their bronze replica of the Stanley Odd Jobs #1 which was made from cast iron...I think they were priced at about ten bucks with a 12" brass- bound wood rule..Back then I made a dovetail Template/gauge out of 3/8" Lexan with a scratch pin to serve as a marking gauge.., as an attachment for it...How long ago was that...about five years??

They're back on the market now and sold by Axminster and IIRC, Woodcraft...but check out the price!! ..Aren't you glad you bought yours back then??????

Want to soil your drawers Jack, look at the ones Woodpecker is selling!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com