I Was Alerted About Wooden Planes at an Estate Sale Today......
so I went to the website for the dealer, surveyed all the pictures, and these were the only ones that I found.

I had talked with the dealer several times an stated that I would like to have some molding planes made of wood, so I was expecting a number of molding planes, and just possibly, a set of hollows and rounds. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the sale this morning and found these.

I just about dropped the jointer trying to get it into my large canvas bag. There were other planes too, but I only picked these two - the little guy is a no name:

i selected a couple of layout tools - second one of these English-made dovetail markers I've found recently.

The regular hand saws were in poor shape, but these two were worth bringing home - a little cleanup on the Tyzak, and it'll be in fine shape:

No. 80 scraper and #52 spokeshave also found their way into the bag.

Warrington hammer and tap & die parts will also come in handy.

Then, on the floor, I found this tool roll - Ashley Isles carving set - couldn't leave it there either - some surface rust cleanup and they'll be ready for service.

Finally, when I was checking out, the deler handed me these and said, "I don't know what to do with these, so you take them.'

It's been a fun day!

Richard
Great score. Since you have two of those English dovetail markers if you decide to sell one please keep me in mind. I just missed one for sale here recently.

John.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Richard,
I know you work hard for your finds, but someone upstairs must like you.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Richard,
I know you work hard for your finds, but someone upstairs must like you.

I sure hope so!

Richard
Added this Ulmia burnisher to the collection today - fits my hand perfectly.

Made for burnishing card scrapers, and it'll get a lot of use here. It'll feel right at home on my Ulmia bench.

Richard
I went to a few yard sales today. I saw a busted B&D sander.

Congrats on a nice find....rather, finds.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
There were 2 listed online. They both started at the same time and one looked a little more promising based on the description. Got there and they already had the sale going much earlier than advertised. I saw and bought a few small tools and a couple of small pieces of exotic lumber for pen blanks. Got to the 2nd sale and it almost completely cleaned out. One guy had a new in box stanley 71, bull nose, and bunch of other really nice planes and chisels. Quickly realized I chose wrong hate it when that happens.
Awesome, Richard. Those are beautiful.

These are the remnants from an estate sale by me as of end of day yesterday. Masses of stuff had been picked over by this point, of course, but the 45s, a 55, and almost all of the molding planes and other wood planes were largely untouched. She didn't have bottom feeder pricing, which is why they stuck around while everything around this wall got cleaned out. The miter trimmer, for example, has no markings suggesting Lion or Pootatuck, but has an asking price of $100, and the Stanley 100 miter vise is $50, probably negotiable.

At this point, she's inclined to put them up on ebay as one or two large lots. I'm in touch with her and am still deciding whether to make a large lot offer to clean out the place. If anyone else has a hankering, please let me know. It is a very convenient location to my work.

Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow