Trip to Dynamic Saw, Buffalo, NY
Today, Ken Vick and I drove down to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo. I needed to drop off a couple of blades and see if they could fit a new blade to my old Ryobi biscuit joiner. They retoothed and sharpened the old blade, but I wanted another, just in case because you can't buy OE ones anymore. The blade they had had an ID that was about 0.010" too small, but they ground it out for a perfect fit in a few minutes while we took a mini tour.

Ken had never been there before and I thought he might enjoy seeing their operation. And he did. Their fully automatic Vollmer saw grinder is an amazing machine, fascinating actually. You can watch a video of it at the link. They also have a new CNC router bit grinder that can make just about any shape bit you can dream up, another amazing machine. It was grinding what looked to be a bit at least 3/4" diameter when we looked at it. They have several other grinders, one that can handle blades up to 39" diameter. There are a lot of machines packed into a pretty small space but they manage to process a lot of blades every day.

What always impresses me the most about the place is how genuinely happy the 5 or 6 employees always seem to be working there; it's just a great vibe. It's run by Dan and Steve, a father/son team. They always remember my name, even if I haven't been there for a year. More importantly, they really know there stuff and their prices are incredibly reasonable. I've always been thoroughly satisfied with the service I've gotten. If you are looking for a place to get your blades/bits sharpened, I recommend Dynamic Saw without reservation.

John