Now THIS is a saw vise
This is the last tool I bought before heading home this morning, a Baldwin, Tuthill, and Bolton 36" saw sharpening vise. It's a beast!

You really SUCK!!!!!

very nice
This was used for sharpening big bandsaw blades. These are fairly common in the Upper Midwest where there were many sawmills back in the lumbering days.

Here's one used for a saw sharpening display in a local museum.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Man, were they expensive!
Bob, where is that local museum? In the U.P.?
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
You'll love it.
Oh, drool!!!

I love the design and tightening mechanism. I'll have to find one of those...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
rectangle618 said:

Bob, where is that local museum? In the U.P.?

Yes, in the western U.P. near Rockland, MI. It is the Old Victoria Restoration, a turn of the century community that housed workers from the Victoria copper mine. The log cabins are being restored (hand tools only!) and are used to show visitors how people lived in 1900. It is a great place to visit. They host several special events during the summer and fall. One of the major attractions are homemade cinnamon rolls baked in a wood-fired cook stove. Trust me, they are awesome.

Go to the Facebook page to see lots of photos of the place. They are too big to link here.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
AHHH!!! you SUCK!!!!

I got one of those on ebay about three years ago, but the seller dropped it while packing it and cracked it in half!
Enjoy it!
I lost one at an auction a few years ago. I didn't know what it was really worth.