The Much-Coveted Baby Bullet is Now in My Collection
Arrived today - dated 12/46, so it's nearly 70 years old.

With jaws only 2" wide, it's the smallest of the bullet vises made by Wilton. Here's a shot of my little guys: Pyramid, Parker 0, Prentiss and the Baby Bullet.

Richard
Kinda got a thing for vises I see. Nice collection. I'm gonna have to start looking out for these thing.

John.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Hey Richard, I have been wondering, what does your avatar signify?

John
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
That's nice. Curious about the little Parker vise - does it have any markings on it? I've got something that looks very similar but not a mark on it that I can find. Got no use for it but can't bring myself to part with it either - just feels "right". Sadly the base of mine busted off and got brazed back on so probably of little value but still...

Thanks,
Andrew
wow, nice vise!

I love the patina on these old tools.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
John Clifford said:

Hey Richard, I have been wondering, what does your avatar signify?

John

John,

Sometime ago Blacky's Boy dubbed me as the vise magnet because of the number of vises that I found in the estate sales that I attended. He then created the avatar to demonstrate it.

Richard
Richard I thought you already had one of those almost new in the box. That wasn't you? I wonder who it was. Nice collection of vises, I really should have a family shot of my small ones. Congratulations by the way.... Do you suck? What did have to give for it? If you don't mind me asking.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Boatman53 said:

Richard I thought you already had one of those almost new in the box. That wasn't you? I wonder who it was. Nice collection of vises, I really should have a family shot of my small ones. Congratulations by the way.... Do you suck? What did have to give for it? If you don't mind me asking.
Jim

Jim,

You have a good memory. The one near new in box is an 825, 2 1/2" model. I still have it, but it's nearly twice the size of the baby.

I also had a C1, but sold it when a guy offered me $500.00 for it.

I now have 3 - the 3" model that I got from you, the 825, and now this 920.

Richard
andrewb said:

That's nice. Curious about the little Parker vise - does it have any markings on it? I've got something that looks very similar but not a mark on it that I can find. Got no use for it but can't bring myself to part with it either - just feels "right". Sadly the base of mine busted off and got brazed back on so probably of little value but still...

Thanks,
Andrew

Here are views of both sides and the jaws, which are new. KM Scott in Estes Park, CO made them for me.

Richard
John Clifford said:

Kinda got a thing for vices I see.

John.

You might say he's got a vise vice.

I now have several new things on my quest list. I didn't realize Parker and Prentiss made little vises like that.